Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Marathon Training: November 8

So... accidentally ran 5.55 miles yesterday.

I can just hear the throngs of people crying out, "How Amy?? HOW does one accidentally run 5.55 miles?!"

Well you came to the right place, my brethren.  You see, I have this friend, we will call her "Henna," and we decided to run together after work.  We were going to run the path that she normally takes, turn back, grab a beer at the Katy Trail Ice House, and go back.

She didn't know how far her normal path was, so I figured I would just follow her (with my Nike+ running app going) and see how far we went.

Right about where that red dot is (her normal turnaround point) is approximately 2.5 miles.  She has been running 5-6 miles without realizing it.

I think it's safe to say she's ready to start training if she wants to.  :)

Also there was a little miscommunication where I thought we were going to turn around, but then we kept going to the end of the trail (which got us to about mile 2.97).



















Then we stopped, had a beer, discussed how far she had actually been running (among other life updates), and then headed back.

Then there was this:


















A street art project where you can fill in your own bucket list items on the side of Company Cafe.  A few highlights:

-Go on Cupcake Wars
-Be a trophy wife
-Bump into Bono in a pub and have a pint of Guinness with him

So that was that.  Accidental 5.55 miles.

No comments: