Thursday, April 16, 2015

5 Weeks

We told my parents yesterday, which marked 6 weeks exactly!

What a fun, unforgettable moment! When we walked into my parents house, we said hello and hugged them, and I was immediately offered a glass of wine. "Not yet, thank you." :) Then we were chit-chatting and wanting to find the time to give them their gift, but I waited a little since they had food on the stove.

When my dad went to look to open another bottle of wine, I said, "You should open the one from us!" (I had a wine bottle bag with a bottle of wine and two onesies in it.) My mom pulled out the wine... and then the onesie... and then the surprise set in.

One of the onesies I made.




My dad's reaction was priceless. He squinted his eyes and just shuffled over to me, tears in his eyes. If you watch the video, you can see it all, including while he's hugging me and says, "Oh shit!" haha.

It is so hard keeping all of this inside for the moment, I just want to shout it from the rooftops!

I still don't have many symptoms, just trouble sleeping, forgetting things easily, some bloating and sore boobs. No aversions, no cravings, nada. Counting down the days until my first appointment on the 28th!


No comments: