Sunday, January 13, 2013

8 miler

This wasn't a very significant run, except for the fact that I skipped another long run.  Oopsy.

I did this 8-miler on the Tuesday following the missed run.  (I skipped it because I was out at camp, yet again, and just too busy to fit in 12 miles.)

This run... was fantastic.

Yes, you read that right, I referred to running as fantastic.

My splits were beautiful.


MILETIMECHANGEAVG PACE
1
9:25--9'25"/mi
2
19:01+ 0:10 (-2%)9'36"/mi
3
28:35- 0:01 (0%)9'34"/mi
4
39:06+ 0:56 (-10%)10'30"/mi
5
48:47- 0:50 (7%)9'40"/mi
6
58:20- 0:07 (1%)9'33"/mi
7
1:08:59+ 1:05 (-12%)10'39"/mi
8
*Fastest
1:18:05- 1:33 (14%)9'05"/mi


Look at that!! My fastest mile was my last!! And I have good excuses for long 4th and 7th miles!  4th:  Trying to figure out where I should turn and if I could go up farther before I turned, and 7th because I was busy playing a game called, "It's a dark and stormy night and I can't find the sidewalk."

It poured down rain at some parts.  And it was glorious.  I powered through.  I might have even pictured myself going at warp speed at one point when the rain coming down, illuminated by the street lights, looked a lot like the set of Star Trek.











(Yes, I just nerded out that much.)


New favorite running items:  the North Face running jacket my dad gave me for Christmas (glorious), and a hat.  Who knew a hat would be such a life saver?? (Answer: A lot of people, but I'm just now catching up!)






















And then.  There was THIS:





















That, friends, is the most painful toe cramping I have EVER experienced.  It came out of nowhere, and then it wouldn't go away.  (I'm thinking maybe I didn't hydrate enough during my run?  I'm unsure.)  The first time it caught me off guard, but then no matter what I did it wasn't going away.  Hot shower.  Standing up.  Toughing it out.  Pulling my toes back into position temporarily relieved the agony.

Yes, I bit my lip long enough to get a picture mid-cramp before promptly grabbing my foot and pulling the toes back to where they should be.  

Horrible.  At one point it hurt so bad my eyes actually welled up with tears.

DRINK WATER, PEOPLE.  Replace your electrolytes.  And eat your bananas.

No comments: